FCC Info

Everything you need to know about the FCC’s 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Window

The Federal Communications Commission has opened a finite application period that offers Tribes in rural areas direct access to unassigned spectrum over their Tribal lands, subject to buildout requirements. The 2.5 GHz band supports both mobile coverage and fixed point-to-point and is currently used to provide broadband service by educational and commercial entities that lease the spectrum. This spectrum is vital in the deployment of broadband and other advanced communications services on your Tribal Lands.

FCC InfoThe Rural Tribal Priority Window opened Monday, February 3, 2020, and closes on Monday, August 3, 2020 at 6PM EDT. Other tribes have already submitted applications, so the time is now to submit your application and register to take advantage of this important opportunity.  GrayWolves Telecom offers assistance with the application process.  Contact us at info@graywolvestelecom.com.

The applications are filed using the Universal Licensing System (ULS), the Wireless Bureau’s online application and licensing portal. All applicants need an FCC Registration Number (FRN) to apply. If you do not currently have an FRN, instructions on obtaining one are below. GrayWolves staff are available to assist applicants throughout the application process, including with technical or logistical issues.

STEP ONE: Applying for an FRN:

To see if spectrum is available in your area, you can visit the FCC page by clicking this link: Maps 

STEP TWO:  Go online and file with the Universal Licensing System(ULS).  To open the registration portal, click here: ULS Registration

Again, you can contact GrayWolves at info@graywolvestelecom.com for application process questions or assistance.